<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Gay rights travel 

It is not news that Russia is about as homophobic as any other place on earth other than, well, maybe there are a lot of places you can't come out.

From this, I gather that there is a long ways to go in the communist dream state.

After ‘Interns’ Star Came Out in Russia, a Mix of Fury and Shrugs

It took an American.

That will teach them.

It is a nice story. He is courageous because even his male costar is a professed homophobe.

Yet he plays a guy who has two gay fathers. Go figure. The Russkies like to play both sides against the middle these days.

I think that he is performing a public service. That his life could be in danger is not only too bad but a continuing disgrace in an ignorant world.

It is a good reminder about how far we have come and yet to go.

I do not kid myself. The good ole "land of the free" could slip back anytime. Look at the ones who are running for office.

Do you think Ted Cruz is going to let me live my life in peace? I doubt it. Seriously.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?