<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 24, 2014

My new club 

Actually, I have belonged to this club most, well, all of my life.

An Open Letter from Introverts to Everyone Else

This is so me.

I really like that I live in a desert. Not many people come by. Most run out of water.

I am not a joiner. I really didn't like the results of my early efforts. Or rather the early efforts of the world to get me to mix.

You know, recess? That was hard.

I really never found much benefit from the random or planned social occasion.

I did have a big family all the better to insulate me from glad handing and invitations from the outside. Not many people are going to ask you to show up if you have five kids with you.

When I came out I had to let people know that it was a relative term. Out from being heterosexual which I was not and out from being in the closet which I was. Otherwise, not so much.

I still find myself to be the best company I know of. I do have friends and even belong to a group where most of them share the same feelings. We meet three times a week and work what we call Steps.

If I do anything on Thursday it must might be a visit to this place we all gather and have some fellowship with one another. But probably not. I will very likely, almost certainly have a normal day for me. Go to the gym, come home, be a good husband to a man who has to find his own social life and doesn't need a help mate to get along "out there".

I will nurture a turkey breast and as much regularness as I can cram in.

Did I mention football? Better I do not.

The best I can do is to listen to the open windows that Marcus and I will walk by on our afternoon walk.

Muffled sounds of cheering somewhere out there.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?