<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 19, 2008

POLITICAL JUNKIE

I just realized that the last bunch of posts are all about the election.

I am not really that consumed by it. I have other things that are going on.

For one thing, I am recovering from the wedding week.

I have had a wonderful and constant stream of comments from people who were there and also from people who were not but have heard 'all' about it. Nice.

The last kid couple left yesterday. They had gone to Death Valley, camping. It was really nice to have a short reprise of the big family weekend. On a smaller scale.

So the house is now empty.

John is well established in Italy and I talk to him every morning. He is now in Florence after his time in Pisa and Lucca. He has seen the David. He is walking around a lot. He is having a good time.

As are Franklin and I, staying at home.

I took the opportunity to do the laundry most of yesterday. The guest room stuff, the laundry that was left when John took off. And it came time to wash the washer. An every 100 wash event. You put dishwasher detergent into it and it swirls itself around. Mostly soaks.

I did my last (perhaps) interview of this year with a prospective MIT student. I have had 4 out of the list of 60 prospects. That is about right. 10% get far enough to actually apply and while most of them do the interview with the alumni guy, some do not. OK with me.

We are still settling into being a pair and not a trio. Franklin and me.

I think that he has stopped looking for John to come home any time soon.

We have our own routine anyway, more of an afternoon one as I do the PM walk.

Now I have grafted myself on to the AM time. Walk, snuggles, some chasing around. Like that.

So it is not all politics all of the time. Today there will be some reading and a movie!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?