<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 11, 2008

FANTASTIC

Just a few words for the people who hang on my every utterance in the blog.

The wedding was a great success.

Everyone showed up—about a hundred people, the service people showed up as promised, the cake was wonderful, the City Councilman who officiated did a great job and, the best part, we are now married.

Husbands.

Official in the State of California with privileges in Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York who would recognize our marriage if not give us a certificate.

I got my vows out without too much tearing. I got my big laugh line.

See if how can guess which one it was.

I love you.

You are my best friend.

Today I give myself to you in marriage.

We have had better and worst. We've been richer and poorer. We have been together in sickness and in health. We even came close to 'death do us part' a couple of times.

We have cherished and held each other from the first day that we met.

I promise more of the same.

And I promise to work for both of us. Together. To help you be who you are supposed to be, become who you are supposed to become and do what you are supposed to do.

In the care and protection of our Programs. One day at a time.

There were titters at richer and poorer given our rocky economic week. But the big one was the 'more of the same'. And I meant it.

The day was perfect. Cool. Breezy.

We were right. We did need the other cake layer.

People stayed around. I am sure that we have great photos.

Oh. Did I mention that we are married now?

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?