<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 27, 2015

I am no longer of this world 

I do not have an iPhone.

I have an old fashioned mobil phone, a flip phone.

And that is fine with me.

The result of this is that I have plenty of time to reflect with and about others.

One of these "studies" that I can make is to observe people who have the phones with screens and all. You know. The highest tech versions.

I see them in the gym. They are working out. A perfectly calm alone time during the day. Do they put their phones down? NO. They can hardly get their reps in before they have to look at the screen.

Some people are actually texting while they work out.

What happened to concentration.

I watch screen people in Meetings. They can not not look at their phones. At some point I will see someone digging the phone out to look. People do not always text back but the reading is constant.

Now this.

Stop Googling. Let’s Talk.

I don't know about this actually. I am an introvert so I don't do that much chit chat. But what I do I do face to face. I cannot abide the idea of texting. For me or anyone else.

Every once in a while I get a text and do not reply. I call and tell the person I do not text. That ends it.

I suppose I suffer a bit from this. People who want to text will just cut someone like me out. Good. I am a confirmed introvert anyway and that means I have a lot less to worry about from the noisome crowd.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?