<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 01, 2015

2015 

OK, we made it through safe and sane.

I was in bed by 830 PM. I tried to stay up but no dice. I did sleep a little late but then I went to bed as "late", so no advantage.

It won't be long before the whole thing is over and we can move forward to my birthday on the 28th which is the next big date.

I will be a partly mature 78 on that day.

I am pleased that I can be here for this. I have no resolutions. Which are horseshit anyway. Not worth the time. First, few are ever kept as they all deal with future assumptions. When things change, almost immediately, every resolution is out dated.

The other thing is that contrary to their intent, such resolutions create feelings of inadequacy. "Am I not enough?"

And they spoil spontaneity. Kill it dead.

And so on. You don't want to hear it because you didn't make any resolutions yourself for the same reasons.

And it is so arbitrary. Some pope some time some where made it the construct.

It is a pretty good one. Time does need to be truncated to a periods, segments. What we call a year.

Otherwise we face infinity. Dread that.

Of course we do face infinity but lets not hasten to think about it.

What else can I offer in New Year thoughts?

I would say that I have pretty well quashed anything special people were holding on to.

I like to watch Marcus. He got up this morning like he does every morning. We went out to pee just like every morning although we stayed on the sidewalks because it was so cold (32F!). Then into the house and breakfast with Dad standing by. He somehow thinks that we should stay there and watch. So, slaves that we are, we do stand and watch.

He has been with us three months right around now and we are very happy that he found us. Now that is something to shape up the New Year. New friends.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?