Tuesday, June 03, 2014
More nipples
The nipple war is still raging.
When I did the tattoo story, the one below about tattooed nipples, I was looking for a picture and I ran across this recent article.
Fascinating.
Did you know that it is only recently that men's nipples became liberated?
This would coincide with my father's experience in the thirties.
My Dad loved to take his shirt off. He did have something to show for it. He was a natural chest man. He had the pecs and the nipples that some men work their life away for today.
I freely admit that part of my gay attraction machine is men who have chests like my father (and hairless too) and I am not, by any means, the only one who is looking. It is the homo-standard.
I suspect that, as is now the case, this is a matter of body type (mesomorph) and genes as much as anything but he was also a hard physical worker. He had a tough manual job even though he wore a necktie (grocery store manager) and he worked hard at "hobbies" like building our house, cutting trees and the like. We can, and I do, go to the gym to get this kind of body. At times I have achieved some degree of this look but I am also a child of my mother's family who have kind of sloppy musculature. I remember that my cousin Philip was a hunk for about ten minutes when he was 20 but that didn't last any longer than my brief time in the sun.
But I digress. The point is that men have only recently been able to bare their tits and I think this is one of the reasons that, particularly gays, have such a good time admiring and fooling around with them.
Not so with women. They are still in the tit dark ages. It is just not proper to bare the female chest in some venues. There are a lot of reasons for this which I won't go into but it is a particular hypocrisy when media like Facebook ban something like fe-nipples when they allow almost everything else. It probably has something to do with that asshole Zuckerberg.
In fact, when it comes right down to it, nipples are nipples wherever they are.
Here is a puzzle.

Only C and E are female
Labels: gay sex, human rights, sex