<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 20, 2010

DROPPEDupdated an hour later

Jesus Christ Almighty, look at the stock market today.

No.

Don't.

The Greeks went on strike. Unemployment seemed to increase. The bank regulation pill made it onto the floor of the Senate. All bad news for the pillagers and rapers of Wall Street.

So what am I doing there? I have 70% of my nestegg in equities.

It took a hit.

But I am OK. It is on a par with February now.

Here is a summary of the "volatility" problem.

The Fear Index

Panic?

Here is a better one.

Economy Watch: Stocks Plunge

I don't know. I am not up there on the fear thing really.

It just comes on a day that I found out that with our current level of expenses the nestegg will be gone in, well, never mind. Sometime before I intend to die.

I have known for a long time that, sooner or later, we would have to trim the expenses seriously. Or change our life style.

We think maybe we will give up dog food first. That will be a start.

Oh OH. Booker is whining. Take that back. Not dog food.

Maybe books!

Go to the library. Sure.

It is nut crushing time again.

We will see. I am getting some tables in the mail.

If we cut down just 15%, we would get another five years. 30%, another ten. And so on.

Look at this.

I will translate.

"ABOLISH RETIREMENT FUNDS FOR AMERICAN GERIATRICS--ADD 15% TO OURS!!!!"

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?