Friday, May 14, 2010
DOWNER
The market is doing the down dive again today despite very encouraging news on the US economy.
It is all about the worry in the European markets that government budget cuts will dampen their recovery.
Well, duhhh.
So here we are in the global economy. Like it or not.
I read, the other day, that if you have stocks in your portfolio you had better develop a tolerance for volatility or get out of the market.
I must admit that I seem to have less tolerance for volatility than I do risk.
Strange but true.
The highs and lows, the roller coaster the market has become, is more unsettling than mere losses in a particular segment.
But there is nothing to do about it. But get out.
My slogan is "what goes down must come up" and that has "always" been the case. It is just happening with a greater frequency just now.
I don't like it to go down on Friday because Saturday is the day that I review my accounts. Weekly.
If this keeps up there will be a sad Saturday review.
Not for long. I have other stuff in my life.
Today's concern has lasted just about as long as it has taken to write this little piece and now I am ready to move on.
One more reason to have a blog. Write out the kinks and clinks in the day.