<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 28, 2009

FEARS

I mention "dementia" below.

It is one of the remaining health fears even though I am getting past the age of most dementia or Alzheimer's onsets.

As I have gotten older, many fears have disappeared. When I was in my 40s, the fear of coronary disaster was significantly present. Then, in my 50s I worried about lung cancer as I was still smoking then. I know it could still come up but somehow having quit the smokes for over a decade has me less worried about it.

As mortality becomes, consciously, more inevitable, I find that I don't worry so much about what gets me as the condition it leaves me in when it happens.

My friend who just died after three to four years of chemo, radiation and surgical hell is not what I have in mind.

If it is a stroke, I hope it goes all the way.

If it is dementia maybe I won't know about it.

The thing is that people I know who have it do know they have it.

Sorry to get morbid this morning but there it is. We all have death fear. If you don't you are likely a dangerous person. To yourself and/or others.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?