<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

EASY DAYS

We are getting back to normal schedules and easy days.

I have been going to the gym at 415 every day this week and today, Booker said goodbye to me. Wiggles and pets. And didn't bark. Progress.

Later in the morning we had two people over to chat and, of course, to see Booker.

He is the perfect host. Gentle. Quiet hellos. Hanging around to "get" if they want some lovin' and if so, providing it.

He doesn't go very far from the action.

I got to spend a lot of time catching up on the internet today. All the news and political stuff.

I have not been missing much. After all the mock battles over the Supreme Court nomination, the real thing seems to have been an anticlimax for the wing nuts and the lefties.

It seems that there is a solid middle of support with an understandable curiosity about the details which, of course, we will get in tons and tons of talk.

I am not tired of it but it is quite predictable in many ways.

The market took back most of what it gave yesterday. The bond market fell and somehow affected the stock market. I have never understood bonds. Why they cost more or less or how they effect the equity markets. Or is a bond a form of equity?

One would think that having all my money tied up in market funds I would understand this but I do not. I guess that is why I have a managed account and an advisor and have to pay a lot of money a year to get the management and advice. It pays for itself when the market is going up. When the market is sliding, not so much.

I skipped the movie today. I have a couple of long ones coming up and I was getting pushed or felt pushed for time.

The only other big event is that the garbage guys didn't pick the recycle stuff today. Irate, I called the hot line and a recording reminded me that they took Monday off and the schedule is offset by a day all week. Tomorrow we recycle.

And with that, I will recycle the day.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?