<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 13, 2009

IDENTITY POLITICS

This is what happens when the government gets into the matter of who is and who is not a couple.

Obama on Spot Over a Benefit to Gay Couples

As a gay man in a gay marriage I should be outraged that they have not done anything about this so far.

I would think that they would put it on the top of the agenda before the economy, Iraq and the myriad other issues that lie in wait for the new administration.

I am kidding.

I don't know what he will do. If I were him, I would forget trying to please the Republicans to get their support. But I am not him and maybe he does need the support.

Dilemmas.

Wait until they start getting antsy about "don't ask, don't tell".

We are every politician's idea of hell. The GOoPers can't stand us except for when they want to meet us in men's rooms or meet them in the closet. The Democrats want our vote and court us but want us to be patient.

But the momentum is on our side.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?