<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 29, 2009

72

Yesterday was my 72d birthday.

I went to my Meeting and word had already reached the group. Lots of hugs and best wishes and the inevitable question, "How old"?

I love saying "72". I love it so much that I have been saying it for about 6 months.

I won't start saying "73" until about June.

I love being old. Does that make sense to anyone else? It even seems a bit weird to me but that is how I feel.

I revel in my age.

That might have something to do with the fact that I am way healthy. No pills to speak of and no "conditions" to worry about.

I keep a low profile on the celebration. I asked for "nothing" so John made an empty box out of a nice set of cards.

I did ask for the coconut cake (boiled icing) from Billy Reed's (local restaurant of long standing) for dessert. We never have dessert.

John got these candles to put on top. Nice. Mine were black and white.

I bought a barbecue chicken for dinner just so I wouldn't have to cook and also because I love it but wouldn't normally buy it. Too fat. Dark meat.

But I tempered that with a salad.

I had a lot of phone calls and emails during the day. Nice.

And then it was over.

Did I tell you? I am 73!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?