<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 06, 2008

CREEPING TENSION

This is the wedding week. Saturday.

I would be less than honest if I didn't say I was nervous about it.

A sort of undefined free floating anxiety. Not intense. But present.

Sometimes I get nervous about everything coming off the way it is "supposed to".

On Saturday, a friend pointed out to me that "we have no idea what to expect so if anything goes wrong we won't know it".

That made sense.

Today is confirmation day. The chairs (the order was lost), the councilman who will marry us, the flowers, the window washer on Friday morning and so on.

This afternoon some final yard work. Cutting of palms and potting an old ficus in a new pot.

I worry, a little, that people will forget or not come or something. Yet, today, everyone I saw was as excited about it as they could be.

One guy has a new job and might not be able to make it but he is trying to get a couple hours off. So nice.

So it is happening.

I will make it.

I don't want to elope any more. And I will show up at the wedding.

We saw the slide show that Dave made for us this morning. We will show it on the video and my computer. Very nice. Teary.

I am also doubling up on my Meetings this week. A suggestion from one of my close-in group. What I would suggest to another. I will do it. I am sure it will help smooth the way.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?