<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 16, 2008

ALONE, SORT OF

John left for Rome today.

Two weeks.

He will leave Rome and head for Pisa, Lucca, Florence, San Gimignano, Volterra and back to Rome.

Then, he is home on the 30th.

That would leave me alone except for Franklin.

So far, so good.

We took John to the airport this morning and saw him off.

Then we came home, had a little more breakfast and took a walk in the morning air.

Franklin is a different walker in the AM versus the PM.

AM is friskier and walks a lot longer. I will need his energy as I will not be doing the gym for the two weeks that John is away. Substituting the morning walk.

When we got back I doodled around. This is the day for house cleaning and I have a minor role to play before Mari gets here to do the main work.

Then on to an MIT prospect interview. A nice kid from the next town over.

It went well. I am a fast interviewer.

I want all of them to get in but I try to be objective.

Besides it is not my job to evaluate so much as to talk about the place, answer questions, offer to be of help until they complete the cycle of registration and to write up a bit of my impressions for the school to 'put a face' on the cold, stark data of application, tests, references and all that.

This afternoon I have a friend coming over to do some Program work and tonight, a leftover family couple from last weekend will return from a side trip to Death Valley.

They will stay over here until Saturday morning.

Then I will be alone. Well, still 'sort of' because my faithful friend will be with me. Franklin.

I will be busy for the two weeks. Normally so.

I think I will welcome the quiet and solitary existence of being single right after I got married.

Why didn't I go? Because this is John's 70th birthday present. Mine was a party. The trip was long planned. The marriage opportunity came in on top of it.

It does look a bit like a one man honeymoon though.

A good joke but not true.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?