<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 11, 2008

UP AND AWAY

This is not news to me.

Food Prices

It has been going on for over 6 months.

I realized that I was paying over 100.00 per visit for the first time.

And I shop twice a week!

Now, I don't watch the prices at all. I do not shop for price. I do not save coupons. I refuse them if offered.

I am generally immune to increases.

But this was too much to ignore.

I bet that I have easily been paying 20-30% more for food shopping in the last year or less.

Part of it is general inflation. Part is the cost of gas. Part of it is the increase in corn prices. How many of the items I buy have something to do with corn? A lot. Dairy, meat, some packaged items.

And this at a time when people are losing their jobs and definitely not getting an increase.

I had to increase my take from my retirement account this year—7 % or so.

Now, don't misunderstand me. We live quite well. I did it rather than decrease my life style.

But, I won't be able to keep on doing this. I hope, in fact, that it is temporary.

Hope.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?