<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Normalizing 

We had a long weekend visitor from Australia.

Son David has or is immigrating there to be with his wife Sharon and is making a swing back here to touch base at his work and with family.

It is a complicated process to become a citizen or to have a dual citizenship. But it is obviously worth the wait and the paperwork.

This took us off our routine for a few days which is welcome.

But getting back on track is a bit difficult.

As a start, I decided not to go back to the early gym this week.

After all, it is my birthday week as well.

Isn't that a good reason?

I do not know. But I do know that it is good to play hooky every once in awhile. The spell check did not want "hookey". There are still some surprises left in life.

Otherwise, things are pretty quiet. There are no meetings this week other than the usual. No special events except my birthday. That would be on Thursday.

Did I mention my birthday?

I will be 79. Or am. The start of my 80th year.

I am very pleased about that. Not just the fact that I am still alive but this long.

Most of us in my cohort are getting this time bonus. When I started out the life expectancy for me and my group was 72.

Hard work and clean living have raised the bar. The truth is that I did some heavy wear and tear but got through that.

Actually, I think our birth year group still have 73 as our time but I have pushed that out some.

So to celebrate, I am skipping the gym this week.

Kind of stupid huh?

One of the things that have kept me youthful and energetic and I drop a few days of it.

Don't worry, if you are. I am missing it already but I will stick to it until next Monday. Then, normal. Heading out in my 80th year. 79. Geez.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?