<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Return 

I had a great time in San Diego.

On the beach. Sort of. Actually Shelter Island across the bay from the city.

Life in the slow lane.

I have stayed at the Bay Club for years. A nice live-in hotel with a sweet dining room and views on both sides. Not only the city in front but a large marina and bay behind with a lovely hillside of homes to gaze at from my balcony.

I do not stir from my perch except for a moderately vigorous walk in the morning and another saunter in the afternoon.

I read and when I get bored with being alone, I walk across the street to a boat ramp which has people in an out all day. Mostly fishing, I think.

So I am back and happy to be so. I timed it just about right. Another day and I would be getting moldy.

We have always lived near water and I do miss it. There isn't a lot of it in the desert.

There used to be a lot of sailors. Navy people. But the base has been cut in size and there are no longer any training programs for the young men.

The Navy air base across our bay is now down to helicopters and an occasional plane landing or taking off. A shadow of its former busy self.

Times change. But the chowder in the Bay Club dining room and some of the other favorite items remain as do the nice people who sort of remember me.

Less than I remember them but they see a lot more people than I do.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?