<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Early polling 

I truly remember Wendell Willkie running for President.

Today, I find that I must have been three years old or, perhaps, I remember his sort of being around just after that.

But he faded fast.

Before Trump or Fiorina, There Was Wendell Willkie

My Dad was a devout Democrat and so I am sure that the Willkie name was not being used in a positive way. Maybe that was the hook. My Dad was also quite outspoken about his opinions. You could not escape them. I remember his very distinctive stance, the chin out and the ending of the assertion with "that's right". Apples and trees and not falling too far. Here I am, much the same.

I was not even sure why, suddenly, the name and face and memory came to life so vividly. Perhaps that is what they mean about people of a certain age doing better with past memory than where the car keys are right now.

One thing for sure, it does indicate that a taste and interest and politics came very early for me. At my Daddy's knee.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?