<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 05, 2015

Normality? 

Today was more normal than yesterday and I could not be happier.

I went to the gym, the standard workout. All cardio on Mondays.

Then to a Meeting.

Home and naps and dog walking and all the rest.

Then, not normal. John is not here for supper. It is the Palm Springs Film Festival and he has seven or eight tickets. So we are on our own for supper.

He is home tomorrow and Thursday but we will be missing him for the other suppers.

It is a good opportunity for me to work down the frozen entrees that I keep for such occasions. Mostly pasta and salad.

I watched another episode of the "new" Sherlock which I am enjoying. They are all 90 minutes and of very high quality. A movie.

I think that they are using the original stories, some of them, as a template for each show and supplying modern details. Or not. I am new to Sherlock. I never was much interested in the past.

Too formulaic. But so far these are not. Quite original it seems.

In the photo we have Benedict Cumberbatch who is the Sherlock receiving an award at the PSFestival for his work in the Alan Turning film. A nice coincidence on the photo opps. Twofer.

You might wonder, or not, why I didn't go to the film fest me being a film fan and all.

I cannot abide the people. My agoraphobia comes right out.

My last attendance was when some woman ahead of me in line wheeled around and asked what my favorite film was. An impossible question to answer. I knew then that my disinterest in small talk was more than that. I didn't want any personal attention at all. A good insight but it ruined my going to the film festival.

I know this sounds silly but not to someone who is a well structured introvert.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?