<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Look see 

Today's film was the sixth episode of Looking, the gay centric video series.

It is San Francisco where anything can happen. But it is surprisingly tame and domestic. And not much happens.

Lovers come and go, some stay and quarrel, some are looking for something that isn't there. In other words, normal every day life.

The production is pretty good and Jonathan Groff is appropriately clueless with a little sexiness added. Fortunately he has savvy friends who help him along.

It is supposed to be pretty accurate about gay life these SFO days.

I doubt it. But I have not been there in a long while.

The series is enjoyable with or without the gay slant, I think. It is a soap opera. A genré that has a long history for legs, the soaps. Long running.

I have to remember that this is television. Things do not have to resolve. Nothing has to be too good. Everything is open for debate.

I am not sure I will stay for the next season or even make it through the second one.

A weak 3 out of Netflix5.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?