<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 09, 2015

Cruising etc. 

A television series is hard to commit to.

There is so much and when I get to it finally on word of mouth, it is a mixed bag. Hard to find the gold nuggets in the pan.

I did hit pay dirt with the first episode of

Looking (2014)

A gay series set in San Francisco, of course.

The first episode of these things is always fraught. They are trying to introduce most of the series' characters so it is a series of short bits. In this case it works. Each has a bite. And leaves the desire to take another taste which I will do as I took a risk and bought the DVD of the first season.

I think that it is an honest depiction of a kind of gay life. A bit broader than bars and bushes. Rather a lot broader.

And yet they have not done much to "normalize" the life of these men. They are gay from head to toe and in-between.

It is nicely chaste, but not too much so. A nice session of making love. The people are appealing. I think that I will stick around.

At least a 4 out of Netflix5.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?