<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Taste test 

Remember the Pepsi Challenge?

I have lived it out over the years and come out a Coke man.

Yet, we have both colas in the refrigerator as John comes out for Pepsi.

Every once in a while I think "this is silly". And I decide to try the Pepsi.

It never works. I am back to Coke in no time.

Perhaps it is because I worked for Coke for many years and trained many of their salesmen and middle managers. I made a lot of money off them. I also worked for Pepsi but not as much. Actually, I have never been brand loyal for a client.

Maybe there is more caffeine in Coke. It was always rumored but no one knows the "secret formula" of either.

Being client aware in the super market is not something I tried to attain.

I worked for Procter and Gamble for years and never much thought about brand loyalty to them. And there was so much I couldn't keep track of all that was theirs.

Even back when I worked for Ocean Spray I didn't always buy their products. Well, the sauce but not the drinks. And even then I would buy house brand sauce without a twinge because I knew OS made it and it was the same stuff usually for less money.

It bothers me to have both Colas taking up the cooler room. But there it is.

Neither John nor I will cross over. Loyal to the end.

It is not a big deal but it is something I thought of as I went for my afternoon draft. And I am thirsty for a blog item.

Also, I need to have my Coke while I do this.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?