<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Quiet 

It is amazing how quiet it is without John here.

Do we talk that much? Probably.

I don't even think of him as talkative. Phones and so on. Visitors. But there it is. Quiet.

An unexpected outcome of all our time together is that we talk all the time.

My parents didn't.

Somehow I equated a long time together with increasing quiet. To the contrary, it seems that we have even more to talk about.

Certainly, to the extent that we have a very full life, there is never a dearth of material to sort over. Dearth. A great word. One "r" from "death". Near death.

Not so here.

I do miss him and it has not been a week. Partly, there is stuff still going on. The world does not stop.

There is another new airedale at the rescue place. A second one. First there was Ace and now there is Mikey.

Nothing to do about that but wait. Both have to stay at the rescue shelter for thirty days.

Then there is the car. I have to take it into the Volvo place this morning and it is "not my job". There is nothing to it. I just go and leave it, take the shuttle home and then another shuttle ride back to pick it up.

It has ignition problems. It has not let me down yet but the little fits and starts are very nervous making. I do not like "nervous".

So I will take it in and let it go.

Only a mild displacement in a day that has no agenda in the first place.

Do I seem a little aimless? That is how it feels to me.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?