<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Potted 

Today is Mother's Day, the world over.

A commercial plot to sell flowers, cards and knick knacks.

And, of course, a day to really acknowledge mom. Or Mom.

I always opted for the plant. Usually a geranium. Hardy, long lasting, red. Appealing to a kid. I don't know what my Mother thought.

Later I saw our kids do the Mother's Day thing. Fun to watch. Nice.

I think that the commercial stuff seeps out of it and leaves a nice residue of love and respect. Moms run the world. Or they should. They have the world's best interests in heart. The kids.

My Mom was a tough nut. Hard to please and unrelenting. I can see that I have some of that and it comes from her. She had a hard life and it showed sometimes in the way she held on to stuff. I can understand that more today than I did before.

I loved her. I still do.

Hey, Mom, thanks for all you did.

Your love was smothering at times but it was real and ever present. It taught me a lot. Still does.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?