Thursday, July 04, 2013
Teenage Fun
Today's movie was/were two more episodes.
The characters are still developing but the story line is firming up.
I would not say that this is tongue in cheek although there was one quick instance of looking right into the camera with all but a wink.
The style of this is very consistent. They must have a huge show runner file or, I suppose, he watches this very closely being the first season.
I watched a bit of director commentary, enough to learn that these guys are serious film nuts. The homage and reference stuff is very thick. Of course this makes no difference except that it means nothing is left to chance and no detail is too small to ignore.
The cumulative effect is quite good.
Today, I got the first emotional tugs which is always a good sign. There is a little history shown which causes mild tear burn and a little heart bump.
The excitement goes without saying. They keep the heat on.
There is a strong rapport between the men. "The gays" always sense this. They trust each other and need each other in ways that are not what you would normally find. But then, these are a minority. A hunted few. Gotta stick together.
I like Dylan Obrien (pic), the sidekick role. He is also instrumental, the guy with the werewolf facts and the one who can be counted on in a pinch to help out, save the day and, of course, provide an emotional break.
I don't intend to get into plot with this much.
There is no point, really. You have to be there to get it.
We are hooked. I just ordered the second disc.
Labels: films, teen wolf, television
