<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 03, 2013

BOWLED OVER

I cannot abide football. Can't stand it.

I get nuts over the stupid marketing and publicity.

I have rarely seen a player who goes much beyond thugness.

I believe that it is part of what we can regard "the wreckage of America", emblematic of how we have lost our way.

Violence, dimwittery and huge outlays of capital to perpetuate a gladiator image.

OK.

That feels better. Got it off my chest.

But now there is an alternative. It will start at the same time. A half hour from now.

Are You Ready For the Sporting Event of the Year?

The Puppy Bowl!

There is even a half time show with kittens. Some sideline goofiness by hedgehogs.

But the heart of the show is the antics of puppies. Adorable ones. Are there any other kind?

And there is a good cause here. Not the big expensive ads everyone waits for but the promotion of puppy adoption. A big deal in the humane world.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?