<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 01, 2012

WORKING IT OUT

So here is the rest of the story.

We took the computer in as directed by the phone service guy and they checked it out. The hard disc is dead. End of discussion. They will get me another computer. Credited me for the one I turned in and will order the other because they are currently out of stock.

I felt very relieved. A bad start leads to lack of confidence.

They say that they have only had two other computers turned back to the store like this since they opened. No reason to lie about it. While I am not too happy about being the third one, I am in good hands, I feel, and it will all turn out OK. At first I freaked out but John is going to be away and has graciously let me at his new iMac.

Thanks to the iCloud, I can use John's computer to see my calendar and my email which are on the Time Capsule backup.

That is a mouthful of Apple jargon but it is all the world to me.

For awhile, it looked like I would have to revert to paper. I had some in a stack and it felt like the old days.

I also remember my bookmarks and so have been able to check in all day with the world outside.

Off and on.

I watched a movie and did some other stuff on the computer, his. And so I am pretty well covered with the loss of my own machine.

I would like to have it back on line. They will call me when they have one in stock. I will go get it. I just hope that they are not all sold out.

And if they are, so much for worry. I will use an outboard DVD. I already have it.

I visited with someone this morning and took a long nap to make up for the slight sleep loss I had yesterday. The computer crash pretty much ate that nap up.

I have updated on various things such as paying our property taxes and the Amex bill.

I am in pretty good shape.

Life is good.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?