<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 31, 2012

ANOTHER LIE?

This from TPM:

Runners World: We Can’t Verify Paul Ryan’s Sub-3-Hour-Marathon Claim

Runners World magazine is looking into Paul Ryan's claim that he ran a marathon in less than three hours.

"Runner's World has been unable to find any marathon results by Ryan," Scott Douglas wrote Friday. "Requests for more information from Ryan's Washington and Wisconsin offices, and from the Romney-Paul campaign, have so far gone unanswered."

As the magazine writes, a sub-three-hour race would make Ryan the fastest marathoner to be on a national ticket.
There are no photos of Ryan running on Google images either. Every runner has pictures. Everywhere.

Well, I don't know and I am not sure that I care but I do know this.

Every time I ran anywhere they had the stats out and the times for everyone. Regardless. It is the main thing about running as a sport. The numbers.

I can tell you when and where I ran alone and how long and all that because I kept a fucking diary. I never, ever read it afterward but it is all there.

Now. Is this important? Not really. Is it another piece of data that Ryan is a douche? Yes.

He is a braggart and a one upman. I have seen this. His little steely eyes gleam and he leaps on arcanity. He is a tireless self promoter.

They talk about Obama never having a real job. Paul Ryan went to Washington when he was 21 or something and never ever worked out of the public sector. He rose to the top.

Now, a politician's job is self promotion. But when it is based on foolish lies, it somehow smells bad.

We do not know if this is another lie but he has sure been in the mode for the last few weeks.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?