<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 01, 2012

DAY OFF

Every other week, I have a "for me" Thursday.

No visitors, no meetings, no routine duties.

John has commitments out of the house that day, all day, and Booker and I are alone. Left to our own devices. No plans.

Today is one of those days.

I often get drowsy and sort of float over the earth from one thing to another. Or nothing.

I don't worry about dressing. Here I am, still in my shorts.

I don't have any chores today. Nothing.

I dabble in the internet, sit a lot longer on the toilet reading, stare into space.

My day.

I do need to be careful. Every now and then I nod off. Face plants into the computer keyboard.

I have always had days like this even when I "worked".

I will probably take Booker out back and sit and watch the sky. Or out front to watch the birds.

Soon, I will have to take a nap. Longer than usual.

Then I will be done with it. Sometime this afternoon, the drowse will dissipate and, out of the blue, I will quit nodding out and, regaining consciousness, do some more writing (I can hardly manage this), watch a movie or make dinner. The juices will flow again and the day off will become the day on.

I have never been one who could lie in bed drowsing. I do mine standing up.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?