<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

INTROVERTS REDUX

In 2003, Jonathan Rauch wrote an article in The Atlantic about introverts.

Caring for your Introvert

It has become one of the most read articles in the magazine's history.

I have written about it many times when I have had an introvert accident or meltdown. It has mattered to me more than any other article that I have read in the popular press. Well, this magazine isn't the most popular but it is out there in the general scrum.

I have just found a later interview with Rauch done in 2006 (who, it turns out, is also gay and married to an extrovert).

Introverts of the World Unite!

It is great to see all this again.

The problem with the slogan is that introverts would have to go to meetings and talk to other introverts to "unite". The last thing on any of our minds.

This all came up because there is a new book on society's need for introverts which got a bad review in the Times and I won't buy but glad it brought the subject up and unearthed the interview. Blah blah, I am going back in my corner to watch the crowd and be by myself or, better yet, I will just slip out this open window and go home.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?