<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 04, 2011

THREES

My father believed in the law of threes.

As it happens we had three things yesterday. I have saved the worst for last.

Our next door neighbor, west side, died yesterday.

They had taken him to the hospital earlier in the week.

We didn't know him that well really. He has not ever been in good shape since we met him.

It is sad.

Of course, I immediately see it in terms of my own demise. He had to spend his last days in a hospital. Carted off by the EMTs. That is the way things are now. I would like to avoid it myself.

I woke up last night with it.

The other thing is that he has had a younger Asian man living with him as a care giver. He is a little closer than the old guy.

This leaves him in a lurch. Mourning, they were very close, and out of a job and the relatives are "being crazy" as he described it.

I worry about him too but he isn't having any sympathy more than a long hug when we first talked yesterday. Now, back to inscrutability.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?