<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I HAVE RETURNED

I left San Diego this morning at 4AM, hit the overlook on Rt. 74, the Palm to Pines scenic route (thanks to David whatshisname for the copyrighted picture, I had sunrise) and pulled into the condo complex at 615.

And I had stopped for blueberries which ran out while I was gone. Well, not a day was missed but today would have been berry-less.

I view the larder my responsibility regardless of where I am staying.

I had a good time.

I stayed one day more than in past years and it worked pretty well.

I would have felt bad coming back yesterday and by yesterday evening I was tired of the noisy bar in front of the dining room and had pretty much topped out on the boat ramp as entertainment.

The biggest thing was that it was cold. Low seventies. I am not kidding. I felt as though I was freezing. My friend Tom who has a place here and at the beach says it is the humidity that makes it feel more chilly. I kept the heat on at a low level for the night times.

The weather was great. Misty mornings and sunny days after 10AM or so.

I got a lot of walking in. Four miles a day in two bursts. One before breakfast and another while they were doing my room up. I get them to come first thing.

The place is still very nice and, if anything, has improved a bit. The dining is better, more variety and very well done. I do not go out.

The only disappointment was that, this year, there were no seals at the boat ramp. Probably because, except for Sunday, the boat traffic, coming in with fish entrails and chum, was a lot lower. The economy?

A weird thing. I saw more kayaks than ever before. Double kayaks, groups of kayakers, solos that went by in front of the ramp area from way up the beach. Kayaks.

I will go back again. I was ready to leave but I do love being there. I read two and a half books, wandered the island, gawked at runners (male, mostly sailors and marines) and just hung out. Hanging is good even for a retired guy.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?