<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 22, 2011

AMAZING

I have been dragging my feet about how to make overseas calls when John is in Italy next week.

I looked at the "free call" thing that used to be Gorilla but is now a website skype kind of thing. Call in the US to a website that serves Europe. Too complicated.

We thought about me not calling at all. Not OK.

Then, I found out that I don't have international service on my cell phone at all.

Then I dragged my feet on calling Verizon to find out what horrendous thing there might be for me to get that service.

I dialed an overseas number which it blocked and got the dial up code of the Verizon international department.

I hunkered down to a long, annoying, maze of difficult decisions and, feeling the anxiety of it, decided to just call and get it over.

I got Manny on the first ring. He was bright and happy. I told him what I wanted to do. He asked questions. To the point and very clear what was happening. He got me on a plan where I pay three dollars a month for the ability to call Italy for 36 cents a minute. There are other arrangements for land lines and a no-fee approach which costs more, $1.70/ minute. He suggested the three dollar plan as one does not know how long a call will actually last. Time passes quickly.

I signed up starting today and I can end whenever I want. I preset it to September 10th, a week after John returns.

They sent me an email listing all the points of our conversation.

This is the once hated Verizon.

John is taking a rented cell phone for local calls and he can use it to call me but it is more expensive. That is OK too.

I used to dread this kind of thing. Today was a cakewalk.

Hurray for Verizon.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?