<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

AC DC

All of my gay life there has been a sort of snide attitude (not me) towards men who claimed that they were bi-sexual.

Considered by many as in "just a phase", bisexuals have been considered gays who have not matured into their full gender and sexual identity.

I, personally, never felt as though I was bi-sexual. When I was living a straight life, I did not act on being gay although I thought about men from time to time. Well, a lot. But I was not out to myself despite previous experience. I didn't want to be gay and I wasn't.

It was only in a mad rush that I got the gay thing back and began acting on it. In short order there was no question about who I and what my orientation should be. It was like a flash of light.

Acting on it was not easy on me or the people around me but I was a determined student and learned the ropes very quickly.

I am rather sure that my first lover was bisexual. He lived with a woman who he slept with and dated gay men.

Eventually, it became an issue. Not politically but more availability. I was unwilling to share my life with someone who was sharing a life with someone else. It was mechanically difficult because we could not go to his house. We did once but it was very awkward. So, it may have worked for him but it did not work for me.

I am pretty sure that I believed he was bi because he could not, would not give up one relationship or orientation for another.

With that background, I was not surprised really to find that there are, indeed, truly bisexual men.

No Surprise for Bisexual Men: Report Indicates They Exist

These are not anecdotal reports but actual tests with subjects hooked up to the old galvanometer. The peter meter.

It is interesting and, perhaps, the beginning of the end of gay stereotyping of bis as just fooling themselves.

Of course, as the headline suggests, for bis, they knew it all the time.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?