<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 26, 2011

QUIET

I am a self avowed introvert.

For many years I have used this article as a way to explain what an introvert feels and looks like and why it is OK to be one.

Caring For Your Introvert

I have come to terms with my introversion. I don't go to parties. I don't make small talk. I have had a great career in public speaking and directing management workshops.

K can have an enlivened conversation with someone if they are engaging and the topic is of interest.

See? The parts don't fit for the extroverted person. "How could this be", they say. Well, get it, showoff, it just is.

Introverts are not isolators or victims of clinical depression. Get this. They do very well in their work with other people. It is just that enough is enough already. Leave me alone now.

I am delighted to say that I have a new article to show people.

Is Shyness an Evolutionary Tactic

It makes the argument that introverts are necessary to the survival of the species. Well, I don't quite get it, but it seemed true as I read it.

Look. Any good PR that introverts can get is a good thing. Whether it is psychobabble or neo-Darwinian speculation.

Speculation because most talk of evolutionary wrinkles require a cook time of at least a 1000 years.

But I will take it anywhere I can get it.

Right now on my list of occasions to be dealt with are a dinner with friends from the old neighborhood which has to be reciprocated. Why?

A memorial service in mid July for a friend who died two weeks ago? Why do it? Why wait so long? Didn't you get a chance to say goodbye to him while he was alive? I did. I talked to him every time I saw him with love and affection as though it was the last time I would see him. He knew that was going on and reciprocated. Why go to something which is clearly about the near friends and extroverts who just want to make his death about them? This happens all the time. Have you noticed? Wait until you die and then notice who shows up with the biggest crocodile tears. They can't help it. They are extroverts.

I don't think that there is any thing else looming. But there are still the surprise events. The chance encounters. I had to pry myself away from a dog talk this morning with my husband a neighbor. Nice enough up to a point. Booker, who is like me, and I went home and left them to gab away. Extroverting all over each other.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?