<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 19, 2011

FATHERS DAY

I think of my Dad today.

I always got him the cliché stuff. A card. Some Old Spice shaving lotion which he used for years. Gallons.

I know this is mostly a made up holiday. But I like that Obama made yesterday's weekly talk about Fathers and their importance.

I am a Dad. I have been for a long time. It is pretty good.

I have to admit that even though the day is sort of manufactured, I like the cards, the calls. The wishes. Happy Fathers' Day. Let's make that plural. To all the Dads.

And especially to gay dads.

I am one of them but I mean the guys, already couples, or single, who want to be dads and are blazing the trail as openly gay men doing the work to sign up and get started. They do it a lot of ways. Surrogates, adoption. I know a few. They are aces.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?