<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BEING GAY IS A LOT OF FUN MOST OF THE TIME

Today's movie was

The Big Gay Musical (2010)

I got this along with a DVD of Naked Boys Singing, two for the price of one.

I had not heard about it. But I am glad that I have it.

It is a very full box of good life lessons, a powerful punch of how gay people might treat themselves better, and each other. Most potently, it is a takedown of evangelical posturing about the gay life. Not that we need this but the the thing here is that it is funny and on the mark as to the motivation of both anti-gay and the gay-cure people.

Most of the music is in the show within a show called "Adam and Steve" which is a lot clever than you might think it would be.

The off stage story parallels the stage story. Nicely.

The leads are good and the cast is very good looking. There is not too much camp. It is post modern gay.

There are some teary parts as the two show leads find themselves (and not each other) in doing the show.

I just liked it and, since it is my DVD, I will watch it again.

There is an unusual feature of the full film with all deleted scenes and "ideas" even some which are not fully developed in the post production process. So if you don't get enough of the picture you can have more. I am told that the commentary track is also very entertaining. So we will have a long time to use up all the stuff on this DVD.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?