Thursday, March 10, 2011
CAUGHT WITH ITS BIAS DOWN
I don't have a lot of support for stealth videos, particularly the work of James O'Keefe, but I have to admit that as agitprop activities go, he has been pretty successful.
His ACORN vids may be questionable as to situational ethics, if there is such a thing, but there is no question about the effectiveness.
Now, NPR.
O'Keefe Releases Another NPR Showall
I have to admit that NPR is vulnerable.
I gave up on them long ago. Not because of their obvious bias but because of their sort of elitist attitudes and boring programming.
It is laughable to believe that NPR is not a "liberal" bastion. I sense that its people are full of entitlement and filled, in its managerial ranks, with a bunch of limousine liberal snob types who can't keep their disdain for others or their grabbiness for anyone's money under enough wraps to keep from being caught out.
Long sentence. But it is a long story.
I knew executives from WGBH when they were small and the place was filled with this kind of stuff. And people don't like it.
I am not glad this happened. But it is high time that they cleaned up their act. There is a lot of overhead there. The professional left is in evidence. A lot of non-profit management that I have seen is bent first on self survival and a shake up is a good thing.
Besides, it is this kind of shit that plays right into the Tea Bag's side of the "argument". Live ammunition. So sad.

Labels: lefty fringe