<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

SAME PLACE DIFFERENT TIME

Dave sent this.

Back to the Future.

People posed in the same place and posture that they did when they were kids. Twenty years ago.

Some other blogs have picked this up and are doing their own versions.

I am amazed at Ingrid who, after twenty years, looks the same.

A lot of us think we do but she gets the prize.

Twenty years ago I would be pictured in a training room somewhere holding forth up front of twenty managers or more.

I could have been photographed in our great home on Warren Avenue in Boston at one of the parties or other events we had with family or friends.

I would not be holding a grandchild on my knee. The only palm trees I would be seeing would be in the USVI around February. I wouldn't have a dog let alone a beautiful Airedale Terrier.

So a lot has happened in between and since I can't go back and have a photo of the party or the house or the training room I will settle for permanent palms, grandkids to watch grow up and move "away" and playing with my great Airedale, Booker.

What has stayed the same? John. Like Ingrid and me he looks just like he did when I met him and I love him as much or more than I did then. Who can measure love?

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?