<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

RESIGNATION

The police chief is gone and it took the LATimes more than a week or two to get the story, but they did a pretty good job.

Palm Springs police chief resigns over gay sex sting

They give the whole story, more or less, in one place.

Amid all the good intentions and stated support, the fact is that homophobia is alive and well around here.

It is like race. Always lurking under the carpet or around the corner.

Do I feel at all paranoid or threatened? No. Not for an instant. I expect respect and I get it. I have never had an "incident". And I wouldn't put up with one.

I have had some "looks" and some evasions and a few slights. But that is the way life is. Those might come because I am a cranky old man and not at all because I am gay.

The city administration is full of two faced assholes who bend to the PC rules but do not believe them.

Sensitivity training does not lead to enlightenment. Dumb is dumb. Bigoted is bigotry.

But we move slowly. But irreversibly. A strong front.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?