<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 28, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

I woke up late this morning and decided to sleep in. That, with the pajama thing yesterday make me wonder if I am aging out. But maybe, I am just loosening up.

A long weekend from the gym won't hurt and it isn't like they are going to throw me a party or anything.

How does it feel to be 74?

Pretty much the same as being 73 but I can't deny that the realization of the pileup of years is a little more with me than it was before.

I have recently been in touch with a long lost cousin back east. We have been ploughing through a lot of family history together.

I am older so I know some stuff he doesn't remember or own up to. He is an amateur family historian and genealogist so he has a lot more information, in general, than I do. But it is a fairly equal swap.

None of the stuff weighs heavily but it is a bit tiring to bring it back into my awareness.

In a way it seems a short time between here and back there. In others, a fucking eternity. A different world.

In general though, I am happy and proud to be happy and proud at an age I never considered as even being possible. I almost burnt out my wick a lot earlier in my life and I was saved from that. I am quite grateful. That is 31 years ago. A good bit of extra milage.

So, it is a reflective birthday and not one that I am rushing through.

As chance would have it, there is a new refrigerator coming today. Not a present for me. More an improvement in our functional and aesthetic lives. The one came with the condo is butt ugly and kind of cramped. The new one has the same space, better arranged, and is terminally pretty. A glass front. Not see through. Just shiny.

Then tonight out to dinner with John and Booker and some coconut boiled frosting cake.

Happy Birthday to Me.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?