<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

ENNUI

Here it is, middle of election night and I am sort of spaced out.

No surprises although I really thought that Kentucky might not be nuts enough to elect the Paul boy.

But it is a wizzy year.

Nate silver says 35 seat majority for "them" to the House and we hold onto the Senate.

More hung decisions on critical matters.

Some say this is a good thing for Obama. He will have a shot at making the system work. I know. He had all majorities, right?

NO. He had a Party in charge who felt as though they could all steer the boat and so he had a goat fuck with them thinking they were all it and they were not.

The Congress particularly.

So I look for him to be a deal maker betwixt the Senate and the House. Bill Clinton turned this into an art. Wedges. Triangulation.

With the bit of radicalization of the GOP maybe he can instill some splits.

Certainly on immigration. Perhaps on the global warming stuff. Maybe even some work on the arms control treaty.

A lot of foreign affairs. Not a lot on the domestic front.

The economic cycle favors Obama. So does the eventual success of the GM and other bailouts. Money back.

Also, if the GOoPers continue their obstruction when they have some say and some power then I think that they are really stepping on their own crank.

With that said, I am going to the hot tub and will weigh in on the results tomorrow. The scene is too vast and too particular to regions and localities to make any sense of it tonight. Talking heads notwithstanding.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?