<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

EARTH SHAKING

Dave sent this video along.

Watch the full episode. See more Mark Twain Prize.

As I try to answer this question, I have to say that I prefer neither as I seldom eat cake or pie.

But on those occasions when I am forced, either by tradition or sudden gluttony, to imbibe, I find that my preference is situational.

During the holidays, it is pie. Pumpkin at Thanksgiving, I have the makings ready for this year's already in the larder. Mince for Christmas. I have the meat but lack the crust.

Cake does not fit into this paradigm of holiday happiness.

On other ad hoc occasions when I get a hunger up for a sweet, it is cake.

The best cake is the coconut cake made with boiled icing locally available at only one shop. They put a pineapple custard layer in the middle.

I can be hijacked, usually by my husband, who adores cake to have it on a birthday or other more obscure occasion but it is usually too icinged with the crisco type of frosting and overly sweet. Never happy.

Here is the thing about cake. I like it more if it has less icing.

A lot of cake is all glop and little actual cake.

To me, the best cake is that which has only a thin layer of frosting on the top. Or pineapple custard in the middle.

My sweet of choice is frozen yogurt. This precludes most other sweets. Hence, the usual answer to the cake or pie question, is "neither".

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?