Wednesday, November 03, 2010
AFTERMATH
OK. That's over.
The Prez did his mea culpae, the press had its chance to beat on him a little, the pundits have had a field day saying mostly nothing and now we can get on with it.
None of this is a surprise.
The young stayed home and the old farts went all out.
I got an email from Jim Dean of head of Democracy for America, a progressive PAC/GOTV organization, that said "You and DFA members nationwide did incredible work trying to save Democrats from themselves."
We just didn't really succeed.
The whiners and special interest people (including "the gays" sat on their hands.
I suppose that they "taught Obama a lesson" but it may be an expensive one. They will have to wait two years through the agony of deadlock and the right wing whack jobs until they can go all out and re-elect the Dem in 2012 and retake The Congress.
Masochistic.
We did great here in CA. Whitman went bust. So did her other compatriots who self funded. I read that only 11% of the self funded campaigns work. A quarter of a billion dollars in just a few of these this cycle and three out of four lost.
It is funny. Carly Fiorina has refused to concede to Boxer with 52 vs 43 %. She said it was still too close. Jeez.
Democrats won across the state although our local candidate for representative got beaten. Too bad. I hope he tries again in four years.
The propositions went pretty much as I voted. We will now have a majority required vs 2/3 to approve the budget in the legislature. No marijuana. But as I said you can get it at the local medical pot store. As easy as finding a doc to write you script. Not hard.
So it is over for awhile.
Like I said. Let's get on with it.
Labels: Administration Obama, Democrats, election