<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 25, 2010

SHAVE AND A HAIR CUT TWO BITS

I went and got a professional haircut yesterday.

Somehow, I didn't feel like doing it myself.

It was a good experience.

I have been doing my own or having John do it for several years. I don't know how long. Once or twice I went back to the barber's chair but I didn't like it.

Too much talking, arguing about what I wanted him to do, stuff like that.

This was smooth as silk. I went to a place that is open seven days a week. Pure barbering. No styling. No hair washing.

You can get on the queue with a call up to 45 minutes ahead but generally it is walk in, first come first served. They open at nine and I was first. Two barbers on Sunday. Another guy was right behind me.

It was funny, maybe a routine, but my barber and the other one started our cuts at the same time. Mine said "let's have a race" or something like that.

We laughed.

The other guy finished 30 seconds after mine.

I had the number two clipper all over, tapered on the side, no razor cut around the ears. 15 minutes.

Perfect.

$14 plus a tip. $17.

Not counting travel, it took less time than if I had done it.

I came home, showered and admired my do for the rest of the day. I still like it.

Very good.

Oh! The name of the barber is Snip Snip Buzz. Love it.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?