<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 23, 2010

LOPSIDED

This from Kevin Drum today. Actually, Thoreau, another blogger.

The Assymetry of Incompetence

This is about how companies or governments that we deal with make mistakes for which we are always responsible.

A billing error costs us a fee or something like that.

With me, currently, it is that I am getting the run-around from the IRS. Their first assumption is that I do not deserve an adjustment on my taxes and, not only that, I probably owe them something. So they send me a bill which is not only redundant but shifts the blame completely. Actually, I am not interested in the blame as much as the money but, hell, if they are looking for an argument then I am the man for it.

I have the documents that they do not want to read or understand and they are IRS docs and one day there will be a reckoning. But there will be no apology. Which is OK. Just send the check.

I also was just in possession of a letter from our tax assessor telling me that a form which they had sent and was redundant (I had filled the same form out at the closing and have the copy) and that they would charge me a $100 fee if I didn't submit it (fucking) now.

Well, why go on? We all have such examples.

Just complaining here. Nothing going on folks. Just the regular thing. Break it up and move on.

So, I say that we should be able to put large companies on hold when they want something, send them through phone trees, and ask them to re-submit paperwork that we may or may not lose track of.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?