<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 30, 2010

ALONE

Well, not really alone. Booker is here.

John went to Long Beach overnight. He is visiting our friend Randy there.

Booker and I are having a pretty good time together.

So far, we have had lunch together. He gets a little of everything. Turkey, swiss, pickle and melon. Melon is the best part.

Later, he guarded the house while I went for my daily pool trip. Three laps modified back stroke, ten minutes in the sun front, a dive (no diving--I fell in, sorry) a fast swim to the other side, out and then ten minutes on the other side. Back. I read during this exposure. Then fall in again and make it to other side and go home.

When I got back, Booker was there and happy to show me all the rooms and how he had kept them free of intruders.

Then we did supper. His. Kibbles, dog biscuits (of the same composition as the kibbles) for dessert and carrots, two big or three small, for salad. Dessert before salad. The Airedale way.

We will do my supper later.

He follows every move. He is learning to cook. And he is my food taster.

There won't be a lot to learn or cook tonight as I will be having frozen dinner. Someone else's. Stouffers. Lean cuisine. Some of them are very good. Tonight is beans and rice with cheese topping. I will add mixed green salad and sliced tomatoes. Booker loves tomatoes.

Then our walk.

This is a rather full agenda. We might even have to go to bed a little early to catch enough shuteye for tomorrow when we will take the BIG WALK without the other partner. Of course, the same meals although my lunch tomorrow will probably be ham and cheddar and pears with Booker helping out.

He helps with breakfast too. Tomorrow we are learning to cook mixed berries and yogurt as well as the difficult Cheerios with blueberries.

John will be home for dinner. I don't know what we are having. Perhaps me chili and him soup. He has given up on the indigenous cuisine.

Booker will be happy as this will involve real cooking and the requisite sampling. For the chili. The soup will come out of a can.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?