<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 14, 2010

COKED UP

I had stopped coffee caffeine a few years ago and, except for a Coca Cola with pizza, hadn't any of the drug at all.

When I meet up with the MIT prospects at the coffee shop I have a decaf which I know has caffeine in it but there is no buzz. No withdrawal.

Now, there is a new thing. Soda makers now have the little 7.5 oz. can. Easy to hold. Just enough to get a little bump. And, face it, Coke tastes good. So does Dr. Pepper. The diet versions.

So now, here I am with a daily afternoon jones for a little can of Coke or Dr. Pee.

I go for it automatically.

I am not worried about this turning into anything. I haven't started for two cans. No progression.

It is just interesting to see that through marketing, the Coke can is quite handsome, and given availability, they come in 8 packs, to say nothing of the "bump", one can be taken right back into being a dependably addicted consumer.

I used to work for Coke, a lot. A salesman told me that all they need is for me to lift the tab. Pssssst. Item sold. I don't have to drink it.

But I am drinking these. And liking it. Not a lot of resistance.

I'm just a capitalistic tool.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?