<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 17, 2010

VACATION

After all that housework, I am tired. So I signed up for my annual vacation today.

Same place. The Bay Club Hotel and Marina, Shelter Island, San Diego.

I used to do training programs there and down the street at the Kona Kai.

I love it.

There is a marina on one side and the San Diego Bay on the other with the ship channel, the Naval Air Base, the SD skyline and my beloved boat ramp with the constant stream of fishermen and boaters going in and out. All day. A great place to gawk. Also the pelicans. The seals.

I will be going the middle of August when we will just about have had enough heat here.

It will be in the 60s on the Island.

There is also a lot of yacht stuff there. Boat yards. Brokers. They had the Americas Cup base there one year.

I reserve now because I got shut out one year. There was a convention or something.

The place can be packed and I do not know there is anyone else there. It is not that big really.

There is a restaurant, open all day. Good food. I never leave the premises.

It is so different than the desert.

A vacation!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?